As a business owner, personally conducting a customer video review interview can be a powerful experience. It produces a wonderful sales tool for your small business. It also builds incredible customer loyalty.
You have many options for getting customer video reviews. More will be explored in the next post. In this post, I will focus on the Video Interview Model. Below are some tips and suggestions for conducting a customer video review interview.
- Video customer reviews have structures similar to written customer reviews. They also have unique qualities specific to the video medium.
- Open ended questions are better than Yes or No questions. Three key questions:
Describe their situation/problem
What did they experience with your product/solution?
Why was it better for them?
- Listen to the customer.
- Specifics are better than generalities.
- Not too short; not too long. 1-2 minutes is plenty for a customer review video.
- Honest opinions may include both negative and positives. Both can be helpful to customers considering a purchase.
- If the customer has received the product free or has other connections to the business beyond customer to business relationship, there should be full disclosure.
- People tend to get nervous in front of a camera. It may be helpful to send questions ahead of time to relax the situation.
- To make everyone feel more comfortable, have a “dry run” before turning on the camera.
- If you are using a flip camera or a smart phone video, show the customer the video version to see if they want to cut any sections.
- Make the setting natural, light and fun. It’s an opportunity for the customer to share their experiences with other.
- It is not about you, it’s about the customer experience.
- It’s the customer’s 15 minutes of fame!
The time you invest in 2-3 video customer reviews can have a huge payoff for your business. When done well, a customer review interview becomes a powerful online sales tool that helps close many future sales for your business. It becomes more than a customer review. It becomes a 24/7 sales person for your business! Give it a try.
Looking for more interview tips, check out this fun video with Katie Couric ,