From November 2009 to March 2010, I made a series of blog posts, http://budurl.com/websiteblogaddressing how to use video marketing in your small business. Here are ten of my top tips.
1. Why use videos? Because videos sell more effectively than words! People experience you with a video. They get to know you, like you and trust you—the foundation of all selling. http://budurl.com/j4jy
2. SEO value of videos. Google loves video and not because they own YouTube. When people do searches, Google looks for written text and sites. It also looks for video and audio sources that match the same key words. Want to get more visibility and your website on the first page? Videos can help do this. http://budurl.com/ujbe
3. Where can you use videos in your business? Videos amplify any marketing function: creating awareness, lead generation, sales letters, product demonstration, credibility, testimonials, your offering, customer follow up. http://budurl.com/6vdc.
4. Video variety. Videos are more than “talking head shots”. You can do video interviews, use a flip video to do videos on location; do screen capture videos, do video slide shows, do video ads, do a video montage and others variations. Each of these video types has its own purpose.
5. Keys to effective video creation. Here are several keys to making an effective marketing video. Have one major point you want to make in each video. Write out this point in one short sentence. Prepare a script that focuses on your point with several sub points to support it. Make sure you have a good background for your video, with appropriate lighting and sound. Make it one-three minutes long. Distribute it to many sources. Do your videos in a consistent manner and you will tap into video marketing power.
6. How to edit videos. There are free and low cost software to edit your videos for both MAC and PC’s. Most of these are very easy to learn and after one or two efforts, it becomes second nature. You will be pleasantly surprised at the variety of video techniques you can learn. http://budurl.com/ddhq
7. Distribution of your videos. There are several free sources to distribute your videos. Tube Mogul is one, HeySpread (low cost) another. Once you join these sites, with one click you can distribute your video to multiple sites. Like any business, distribution of your videos generates business. A good video without a good distribution is useless. http://budurl.com/6yvu.
8. Make your videos more effective on YouTube. Create your own free YouTube Channel. Then follow these three tips for each of your videos: create an attention getting title (headline); write an intriguing description, starting with your URL; include five or six key words in the YouTube Tags. These tips will allow others to find your videos. Remember your first customer is Google! http://budurl.com/g8cu
9. Put your videos on other social media sites. Every social media site, blog and website has applications for adding your videos to the sites. One video can be placed on many different sites to give you the higher visibility you need for your business. http://budurl.com/aw3z
10. Inexpensive equipment. Many computers already have built in webcams. You can purchase good stand along webcams or flip videos (portable) for less than $100.00. You mobile phone has a camera. There is plenty of free software for video editing. Expense is not an excuse for not using videos to promote your business.http://budurl.com/sk9m
Here’s a bonus tip:
11. Camera shy? Most of us are camera shy. There are simply tips you can use to overcome your fear of the camera. You can make videos that don’t even have you on camera. After two or three videos, you camera shyness is gone. http://budurl.com/c92a
Follow these tips and you will become a master at today’s most powerful small business marketing tool. Enjoy and prosper.